Give your Apple iPod Hi-Fi speaker system new life with the Airplay Audio Streaming Adapter. No wires needed, the adapter plugs right into the dock connector. The adapter powers a Raspberry Pi Zero W or Zero 2 W that digitally sends the audio signal to a high fidelity audio DAC, that then feeds the signal into the dock connector.
- Stream Airplay to your Apple iPod Hi-Fi boom box (or other iPod dock, see below)
- Compatible with streaming to multiple Airplay devices synchronously when streaming from a Mac (Airplay 1) or when streaming from any device (Airplay 2).
- Software for Raspberry Pi now supports both Airplay 1 and Airplay 2.
- Can also be used to connect general Raspberry Pi Audio to the 30pin connector beyond Airplay sources.
- Supports up to 192kHz/24bit playback
- Also works with certain other speaker systems with the 30pin Apple Dock connector, for instance the following:
-- Sony alarm clock ICF-CS10iP
-- Bose SoundDock Portable
-- Kicker iKICK iK501
-- Beats by Dr. Dre Beatbox iPod Dock, also called "Monster Beatbox"
-- Philips AJ300D
-- harman/kardon Go+Play
- For compatibility with your particular device beyond the ones listed here, please inquire directly at email@example.com. If you are up for trying your device and it doesn't work, you can return the unit. If you can provide a video of the unit working on your device that is not yet listed here, we'll send you $5 via Venmo or PayPal as a thank you for amending the list of supported devices.
- Supports the Firewire as well as USB versions of the 30-pin dock connector (12V and 5V compatible).
Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W and SD card NOT included. Detailed software setup instructions.
- Also connects the Raspberry Pi's UART with the serial port of the dock connector. See tutorial for how to configure the Raspberry Pi if you want to make use of this feature (available since PCB v4.0).